Diese Webseite nutzt Cookies, Analysedienste und eingebettete Verbindungen zu externen Webdiensten. Durch die weitere Nutzung dieser Webseite stimmen Sie der Verwendung dieser Datenverarbeitung zu. Weitere Informationen entnehmen Sie bitte unserer Datenschutzerklärung.



Status Quo and Plan B

18.04. 2020

Cheers Metalheads,

as most of you know, any major events in Germany have been prohibited until August 31st. You did not hear about this from us yet, because we do not yet know if this is going to apply to the Dong Open Air 2020.
This is vastly due to the fact that the Department of the Interior for the state of Northrhine-Westphalia has the following definitions for „major events:“
„Major events, according to the guidelines, are events to which one of more of the following applies:
1. more than 100,000 are expected per day
2. the number of expected visitors to be present at the same time exceeds one third of the inhabitants of the local municipality or more than 5,000 visitors are expected to be present at the venue at the same time, or
3. have an increased harzard/risk potential
Whether or not an event has an increased hazard/risk potential is determined by the local municipality officals.“

Looking at point 1 and two, the Dong should not be affected, as it is fairly small in size. But we need to wait and see what the officials tell us about point 3, or if decisions are made in favor of implementing stricter measures due to the Corona pandemic. We will let you know as soon as we have clarity.

Given the case that we cannot proceed as originally planned, we would like to let you know about our Plan B:

Good news first: The 20th Dong Open Air will take place! Under the current circumstances, there is, however, the possibility that it will not happen from July 9 to 11, 2020.
If this is the case, this wouldpose the same restrictions on the whole open air festival season in Germany.

Because of this, and since we have the most experience in running the Dong Open Air in Julys, we are currently working on moving the 20th Dong Open Air to the dates of July 8-10, 2021.

Should this move happen, we are doing our utmost to deliver what we promised:
The 20th Dong will not be cancelled, instead – and let's give this a positive note – we are extending your anticipation! This anniversary will be celebrated!

And since we don't know what else will happen in this crisis: If you already purchased a ticket, it will still be valid. Also, should there be any increase in ticket prices in the 2021 scenario, you are already all set and wouldn't be affected by price hikes.

Of course, we would also try our best to maintain the lineup of bands announced for July for 20210. This really depends on the overall circumstances and how the bands feel about it. It will take a while for us to get an answer from each band.

Overall, we are feeling positive, sitting on this metaphorical construction site. Other festivals are already postponing their events to 2021. We are in touch with a number of European festivals who are also considering taking the entire lineup to the new year. For bands, it might just be the easiest thing to push their entire summer tour to next year. Just another reason why July 2021 seems like a good idea.

We really hope that you see how this Plan B is the best option in this extraordinary situation, as opposed to letting this happen this July.
As soon as we have certainty, whether or not Plan B needs to come in effect, we will let you know!

Until then, we appreciate the understanding that you can hopefully muster – stay healthy, stay safe!
Your Dong Team